Book by its Cover (a fantastic art book blog) recently got lawyer Amy Everhart to answer a bunch of copyright questions. Some of the quandaries:
- What are the best ways to protect ourselves from being plagiarized when using the internet?
- What legal protections are given to an artist whose
non-copyrighted images were stolen?
- Can an artist legally demand her images be removed from a
website, even if it’s not being used for monetary gain?
- What are the steps you should take to confront someone who has
been selling copies of your drawings online?
- When using photos for reference to create pieces of art or
illustration, is there a percentage that has to be different from the
- How does infringement come into play in the realm of collage?
- What is the line between homage and infringement?
- At what point does an image become public domain?