I’m cleaning out the old e-mail inbox today, and I found a lot of interesting events happening now or soon!
- Michigan Water Color Society 62nd Annual Exhibition travel show will be on display at the Rankin Center Fine Arts Gallery at Ferris State University in Big Rapids, MI, July 6-31.
- Also in Michigan, Pulitzer Prize winner Art Spiegelman will give a talk called “Comix 101” on July 15 at the Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit.
- Admission is free for all of July and August at the Columbus Museum of Art in Ohio.
- This is the last weekend to see the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts in Richmond before it goes offline. The museum is undergoing a major renovation before its grand reopening next May.
- The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons is seeking entries from veterans, surgeons and civilians for its art exhibition “Wounded in Action: An Art Exhibition of Orthopaedic Advancements.” The deadline is October 15.
- Tougaloo Art Colony’s annual events for educators, artists and students in Jackson, MS, kick off July 12.
- Bank of America’s Museums on Us weekend is coming up July 4 and 5. Cardholders get free admission to more than 100 museums.
- Move over, Iron Chef—the Tacoma Art Museum is looking for an Iron Artist July 31. There are a few days left to sign up to compete.
- The annual “Form & Figure” show at Trailside Gallery in Jackson Hole, WY, is up July 1-31.