FREE Online Event! Gallery Success with Kristin Hoerth
Tuesday, October 29, 2013 from 1:00pm – 2:00pm ET
Kristin Hoerth, editor-in-chief of Southwest Art magazine, offers advice in this free webinar called Gallery Success. You may have attended her recent webinar on Gallery Basics; if so, come back and learn even more about how to successfully work with a gallery, including:
• Different types of galleries
• Selling direct to collectors
• Supplying artwork
• Participating in events
• Who pays for what
To whet your appetite, here are three tips from Kristin. She’ll discuss these in further detail, along with the topics above.
1. To find art galleries, pick up local gallery guides, read art magazines, and use the listings in Artist’s & Graphic Designer’s Marketplace
2. Always be familiar with a gallery before you approach the staff about representing your artwork.
3. When it’s time to contact the gallery, have about a dozen high-quality images that you can submit.
About Kristin Hoerth: Kristin joined Southwest Art in 1994 and was named Editor in Chief in 2002. From the magazine’s editorial offices in Colorado, she travels frequently to visit galleries and attend major art events across the western United States and beyond. She has served as a juror and speaker at numerous art shows.
Missed the previous online seminars? Click here to purchase the WetCanvas Live! recordings from NorthLightShop.com
Questions? Read the FAQ below…
Missed an earlier Artists Network online seminar? Not to worry – get live recordings of each session:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is an online seminar?
- It is a live, online event that you view on your computer at a specific day and time. Think of it as a workshop right in your living room.
- Our events are scheduled on Eastern Standard Time (EST), so if you are in a different time zone, you will need to take scheduling into account — for example 1 PM EST = 12 PM CST, and so on…
What are the technical requirements for participating in an online seminar?
- You need a computer and a reliable broadband connection, as well as a Web browser (e.g., Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer).
What can I do during an online seminar?
- Hear the presenter deliver the workshop (via phone or VOIP)
- See visuals from the presenter’s computer (e.g., PowerPoint, web browser, or any document they wish to share)
- Ask the presenter questions in real time
What if I have any technical problems getting into the seminar?
- We have technical support on hand to help you. Nearly 100% of our attendees don’t have any trouble after we assist them. You can sign on at least 10 minutes before the session is scheduled to begin, giving you time to ask questions if you have any trouble.
- Our seminar system will work with both Macs and PCs.
What happens if I miss something during the seminar?
- Approximately 24 hours after the seminar ends, you will receive an email which includes information on how to access and watch the recording of the session for a full year.
- You also receive copies of any documents, or ebooks & other files that were included with your seminar.