Tuesday, June 10, 2014 | 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM EDT
Join a live, FREE, online discussion with Paul Dorrell, best selling author of art instruction books.
If you’re not in a thriving gallery yet, how do you get your work before the public?
Paul will share how to get your work into Restaurants, Corporate Offices, City Offices, Cooperative Galleries, and other venues! Get tips on how to get your work installed and what to do after: how to organize an opening, network and generate sales.
Everyone who attends this webinar will get a special discount to buy Paul’s book Living the Artist’s Life at NorthLightShop.com. We hope you’ll join us! If you cannot attend live, a recording will be emailed to those who register.
About Paul: A columnist for The Artist’s Magazine and Absolute Arts, Paul has helped develop careers for scores of successful artists. As an art consultant, his clients include H&R Block, the Mayo Clinic, the National D-Day Memorial, the city of Hartford, CT, and private collectors nationwide.
May 31 – June 21 (Four Saturdays) | 1:00 – 5:00 PM EDT
Join Johannes Vloothuis and hundreds of other artists for a course that crosses all t’s and dots all i’s on how to paint flowers in bouquet format, in house portraits and wild flowers. Johannes is well known for teaching the techniques on “How the eye anatomically sees” as well as out of the ordinary painting secrets. Learn how to create exciting backgrounds, correct edge manipulation, impressionist areas, and more. All these will benefit your floral paintings so you don’t just copy photos. Demos in oils, watercolor and pastels will be given. You do not have to attend these sessions live. If you miss a class you will be able to download the recordings.
Art Chats with Linda Fisler: The Myths and Realities of Creating a Painting
Friday, August 22, 2014 | 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM EDT
Join Linda Riesenberg Fisler as she welcomes Master Artist Carolyn Anderson. We will be discussing the creative process from reference materials (whether painting from life or from photographs), to how we see and interpret information, and how value, edges and color are all influenced by our knowledge. We will talk about the positives and negatives of different reference materials and the importance of imparting our critical thinking skills to create an experience that resonates with the viewer.
Missed the previous online seminars? Click here to purchase the WetCanvas Live! recordings from NorthLightShop.com
Questions? Read the FAQ below…
Missed an earlier Artists Network online seminar? Not to worry – get live recordings of each session:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS What is an online seminar?
- It is a live, online event that you view on your computer at a specific day and time. Think of it as a workshop right in your living room.
- Our events are scheduled on Eastern Standard Time (EST), so if you are in a different time zone, you will need to take scheduling into account — for example 1 PM EST = 12 PM CST, and so on…
What are the technical requirements for participating in an online seminar?
- You need a computer and a reliable broadband connection, as well as a Web browser (e.g., Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer).
What can I do during an online seminar?
- Hear the presenter deliver the workshop (via phone or VOIP)
- See visuals from the presenter’s computer (e.g., PowerPoint, web browser, or any document they wish to share)
- Ask the presenter questions in real time
What if I have any technical problems getting into the seminar?
- We have technical support on hand to help you. Nearly 100% of our attendees don’t have any trouble after we assist them. You can sign on at least 10 minutes before the session is scheduled to begin, giving you time to ask questions if you have any trouble.
- Our seminar system will work with both Macs and PCs.
What happens if I miss something during the seminar?
- Approximately 24 hours after the seminar ends, you will receive an email which includes information on how to access and watch the recording of the session for a full year.
- You also receive copies of any documents, or ebooks & other files that were included with your seminar.