With a bit of talent – and a lot of hard work – virtually any artist can be successful. Here are Shirley Williams’ tips for doing just that:
• Be honest with yourself. Are you ready to do whatever it takes to become successful? What sacrifices are you willing to make?
• Lose your ego. It’s not about you. Stay committed and ask for support whenever you need it.
• Educate your customers. The more they know, the more they’ll want your work.
• Guarantee your work. Don’t ever have a dissatisfied customer.
• Treasure your relationships. The ones you build today will build your business tomorrow.
This tip is an excerpt from an article titled “True Grit,” by Kathy Gulrich. To read the full article, click here and order The Artist’s Magazine’s 2007 Annual CD.
MORE RESOURCES FOR ARTISTS