Summer is a great time for you to not only get outside and take advantage of what Mother Nature can offer, but also to practice your artmaking skills while everyone else is enjoying the season. Grab your sketchbook and see how many of the summer experiences belowone for each week of the seasonyou can capture in its pages before autumn blows in.
- Backyard scenes: people playing croquet, catching fireflies or having a barbecue
- Picnics in the park
- The view from your front porch
- A Fourth of July parade and fireworks
- Festivals and amusement parks
- Someone eating cotton candy, an ice cream cone or a slice of watermelon
- Summer baseball games.
- Children selling lemonade from a sidewalk stand
- Produce at a farmers market
- A canoe or camping trip
- People jogging or riding bikes on a local trail
- The scene from a sidewalk café, pool or beach
- Cool glassware you bought at a garage sale
After studying at the American Academy of Art in Chicago, Kevin Beilfuss worked as an illustrator for 12 years before turning his full attention to fine art. He lives outside Chicago. His award-winning work is represented by Meyer Gallery in Scottsdale, Arizona, and Santa Fe, New Mexico; and Horizon Fine Art in Jackson, Wyoming.