The purpose of the limited palette challenge was to create a painting using only blue and orange and any mixtures with those two colors (in addition to white).
Artists proved you can paint anything with two colors from still life to portraits to landscapes. Among the many fine entries, voters selected Lake Mist Rising by forum member Eiren. Eiren will receive a $50 North Light Books gift certificate.
Lake Mist Rising (watercolor); colors used: French ultramarine and burnt sienna.
Praise is also due to the two other finalists:
- Untitled (no medium given); colors used: Windsor orange and Windsor blue and
- Still Life With Toy Pony (watercolor); colors used: Prussian blue and perinone orange.
MORE RESOURCES FOR ARTISTS
- Online Seminars for Fine Artists
- Instantly download fine art magazines, books & video workshops
- Sign up for your Artist’s Network email newsletter & receive free fine art tips & demos