WHERE: From the comfort of your home
You do not have to attend the sessions live. Everything gets recorded and can be downloaded at no extra cost.
Join landscape artist, Johannes Vloothuis, to combine reference photos for great landscape painting results. In this live online workshop, Johannes will show you, along with hundreds of other artists, how to strengthen your painting skills with 12 hours of painting fun distributed over the course of three Saturdays.
In this online course you will learn how to combine more than one photo to compose scenes that will dramatically expand your painting possibilities. During each session you will receive verbal techniques, color combinations, professional secrets, and instructions to guide you along the way. You will receive drawing templates before each class, which you can trace onto your painting surface. One demo will be in oils, another in watercolor, and another in pastels.
Johannes will start his paintings from scratch, and finish them in real time while you watch over his shoulder, learning detailed painting tips as you hear him think out loud. Learn how to take advantage of your reference photos and create great paintings now as you paint along with Johannes from the comfort of your home!
Painting demonstrations will include the following subjects:
- A farm in a cozy night scene with warm, glowing orange lights
- The famous lighthouse, Easter Point, in Gloucester, MA with a dramatic storm approaching
- A lazy, narrow river with beautiful, golden Autumn trees glistening in sunlight
You do not have to attend the live courses. Everything gets recorded and can be downloaded at no extra cost.
- “I’m new to the online class process and was interested in whether or not any instructor would be able to give personal assistance. Wow! I was happily surprised to find that not only did I get a great class that was loaded with info, but also I asked questions and received answers directed to me. I love these classes. Review by Mary
- “Excellent class for the Landscape artist.” Review by Mike
- “There is always something new to learn.” Review by Darlene
- “I see my work improving.” Review by Mary
- “Excellent. Jo always manages to come up with new information for us.” Review by Frances
About Johannes Vloothuis:
Johannes Vloothuis has exhibited his work all over the world including Saint Petersburg, Sao Paolo and The National Watercolor Museum in Mexico City. He has won several awards such as the top award in the country of Mexico for watercolor and teaches oils, watercolor and pastel. Johannes has taught over 17,000 artists of all skill levels via his online courses.
Missed the previous online seminars? Click here to purchase the WetCanvas Live! recordings from NorthLightShop.com
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is an online seminar?
- It is a live, online event that you view on your computer at a specific day and time. Think of it as a workshop right in your living room.
- Our events are scheduled on Eastern Standard Time (EST), so if you are in a different time zone, you will need to take scheduling into account — for example 1 PM EST = 12 PM CST, and so on…
What are the technical requirements for participating in an online seminar?
- You need a computer and a reliable broadband connection, as well as a Web browser (e.g., Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer).
What can I do during an online seminar?
- Hear the presenter deliver the workshop (via phone or VOIP)
- See visuals from the presenter’s computer (e.g., PowerPoint, web browser, or any document they wish to share)
- Ask the presenter questions in real time
What if I have any technical problems getting into the seminar?
- We have technical support on hand to help you. Nearly 100% of our attendees don’t have any trouble after we assist them. You can sign on at least 10 minutes before the session is scheduled to begin, giving you time to ask questions if you have any trouble.
- Our seminar system will work with both Macs and PCs.
What happens if I miss something during the seminar?
- We record our seminars and offer them for sale at NorthLightShop.com following the close of the course.