WHERE: From the comfort of your home
You do not have to attend the sessions live. Everything gets recorded and can be downloaded at no extra cost.
Learn How to Paint Water
Water is a common element in landscape paintings, and one that can add interest and movement to your work. Since water takes so many forms–still, bubbly, cascading, wavy, deep and dark, or shallow and clear–learning how to paint water benefits from practice, especially the principles of water reflections.
In this live online workshop, you will learn painting techniques to depict water as you join landscape artist Johannes Vloothuis, and hundreds of other artists, to strengthen your painting skills with 12 hours of painting fun distributed over the course of three Saturdays. Johannes will start his paintings from scratch, and finish them in real time while you watch over his shoulder and learn detailed painting tips as you hear him think out loud. And if you want, you can do the same painting along with him from the comfort of your home!
In this online course, you will learn to become more assertive when it comes to painting water in its different forms. You will receive drawing templates before each class, which you can trace onto your painting surface. And, during each session, you will receive verbal techniques, color combinations, professional secrets, and instructions to guide you along the way. One painting demo will be in oils, another in watercolor, and another in pastels. Join us now to add this exciting subject to your landscapes.
Painting demonstrations will include the following subjects:
- A still pond with colorful blooming water lilies
- The gorgeous Alberta Falls in Rocky Mountain National Park
- A rocky coastal scene in Acadia National park with a lazy crashing wave
You do not have to attend the live courses. Everything gets recorded and can be downloaded at no extra cost.
- “I’m new to the online class process and was interested in whether or not any instructor would be able to give personal assistance. Wow! I was happily surprised to find that not only did I get a great class that was loaded with info, but also I asked questions and received answers directed to me. I love these classes. Review by Mary
- “Excellent class for the Landscape artist.” Review by Mike
- “There is always something new to learn.” Review by Darlene
- “I see my work improving.” Review by Mary
- “Excellent. Jo always manages to come up with new information for us.” Review by Frances
About Johannes Vloothuis:
Johannes Vloothuis has exhibited his work all over the world including Saint Petersburg, Sao Paolo and The National Watercolor Museum in Mexico City. He has won several awards such as the top award in the country of Mexico for watercolor and teaches oils, watercolor, and pastel. Johannes has taught over 17,000 artists of all skill levels via his online courses.
Missed the previous online seminars? Click here to purchase the WetCanvas Live! recordings from NorthLightShop.com
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is an online seminar?
- It is a live, online event that you view on your computer at a specific day and time. Think of it as a workshop right in your living room.
- Our events are scheduled on Eastern Standard Time (EST), so if you are in a different time zone, you will need to take scheduling into account — for example 1 PM EST = 12 PM CST, and so on…
What are the technical requirements for participating in an online seminar?
- You need a computer and a reliable broadband connection, as well as a Web browser (e.g., Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer).
What can I do during an online seminar?
- Hear the presenter deliver the workshop (via phone or VOIP)
- See visuals from the presenter’s computer (e.g., PowerPoint, web browser, or any document they wish to share)
- Ask the presenter questions in real time
What if I have any technical problems getting into the seminar?
- We have technical support on hand to help you. Nearly 100% of our attendees don’t have any trouble after we assist them. You can sign on at least 10 minutes before the session is scheduled to begin, giving you time to ask questions if you have any trouble.
- Our seminar system will work with both Macs and PCs.
What happens if I miss something during the seminar?
- We record our seminars and offer them for sale at NorthLightShop.com following the close of the course.