Showcase your talent by entering this exciting competition, brought to you by the North Light mixed-media team. We have dedicated the fourth edition of Incite, The Best of Mixed Media to the restorative power of making art!
You can edit or manage your entry
All winners will appear in the fourth edition of Incite, The Best of Mixed Media.
In the midst of our hurried, over-scheduled, over-stimulated lives, making art offers us a space to retreat. Being present with pen and paper or brush and canvas calms us down, invites us into the flow and before we realize it, our bodies, minds and spirits are restored.
Understanding this vital, healing role of creative expression, the North Light mixed-media team decided to dedicate the fourth edition of Incite, The Best of Mixed Media to restorative power of making art!
We’re looking for outstanding mixed-media art that reflects the ways your studio time helps you Relax, Restore, Renew. Whether it’s the meditative technique you use to create a mandala or the way your favorite color palette instantly lifts your mood, we want to hear about it and to see how your own manner of art-making restores you. Because we’re looking for the best of mixed media, we’re looking for entries in a variety of categories from fiber arts to encaustic, painting to art journaling, Zentangle to collage and more. If your art is selected you’ll be asked to share the art techniques you use to relax; in what ways does making art restore your sense of wellness; or in what way does your art reflect your sense of renewal.
- You must enter online. All entries must be submitted as digital files. There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit.
- Image requirements for entries: JPG files (Please try to keep the file size under 5 MB to ensure proper uploading). The viewing screen & thumbnail which you will see during the entry process is for general reference only and does not reflect the image quality that will be viewed by jurors. The file that you attach is exactly as it will appear to the jurors.
- All entrants should be prepared to be able to send a hi-resolution print-quality replacement file should their entry be among those selected as a winner. For publication these files should be 300 dpi when saved at approximately 8×10 inches (2400×3600 pixels), ideally, and 5×7 inches (1500×2100 pixels) at minimum. Winners will be asked to provide specific written information about their selected piece(s). This written information, in order to be accepted, will have to be provided electronically via e-mail. Winners will also be required to submit a high-resolution TIFF or JPG file (CMYK format/300dpi) for the work(s) to be published.
- The competition is open to artists anywhere in the world. All works must be original. Compositions based on published material or other artists’ work are NOT considered original and are not eligible. Employees of F+W, a Content and eCommerce Company, and their immediate families, are not eligible. North Light reserves the right to reject work deemed unsuitable for publication or that does not meet above criteria.
- Due to SEC restrictions we are unable to accept entries from Syria, Iran, or North Korea.
- For more information visit our Preparing Your Entry Page or our FAQ page.
Sign up for Our Free Art Competitions email and receive updates on competition information including deadlines and winners. You’ll also receive our Free Artists Network newsletter.
Online Contest Software provided by WizeHive