Deadline: November 1, 2016
Showcase your talent by entering this exciting competition, brought to you by the North Light mixed-media team. We have dedicated the fifth edition of Incite, The Best of Mixed Media to the expression of your relationship with Nature through art!
You can edit or manage your entry HERE
All winners will appear in the fifth edition of Incite, The Best of Mixed Media.
Throughout the ages, nature has been a primary source of inspiration for amazing art. Nature touches all of our senses, and the beauty and forces of nature are a part of us, and the art we create.
From the stars in the sky to the waves on the shore, from the wisdom of a tree, to the song of a bird, from the colors in a sunset to the changing of the seasons, the influence of nature on not only our daily existence, but the depth of our souls cannot be denied.
In this fifth edition of Incite, we’re looking for exceptional mixed-media art that expresses your own relationship with Nature, whether it’s a palette inspired by a field of flowers or an emotional response to the falling rain. How does Nature show up in your art?
We know the scope of mediums you work in is as expansive as Nature herself, so we are looking for entries in a variety of categories from painting, to fiber arts; jewelry to collage; illustration to sculpture and more. If your art is selected, you’ll be asked to share the techniques you use and explain how Nature influenced the work.
- You must enter online. All entries must be submitted as digital files. There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit.
- Image requirements for entries: JPG files (Please try to keep the file size under 5 MB to ensure proper uploading). The viewing screen & thumbnail which you will see during the entry process is for general reference only and does not reflect the image quality that will be viewed by jurors. The file that you attach is exactly as it will appear to the jurors.
- All entrants should be prepared to be able to send a hi-resolution print-quality replacement file should their entry be among those selected as a winner. For publication these files should be 300 dpi when saved at approximately 8×10 inches (2400×3600 pixels), ideally, and 5×7 inches (1500×2100 pixels) at minimum. Winners will be asked to provide specific written information about their selected piece(s). This written information, in order to be accepted, will have to be provided electronically via e-mail. Winners will also be required to submit a high-resolution TIFF or JPG file (CMYK format/300dpi) for the work(s) to be published.
- The competition is open to artists anywhere in the world. All works must be original. Compositions based on published material or other artists’ work are NOT considered original and are not eligible. Employees of F+W, a Content and eCommerce Company, and their immediate families, are not eligible. North Light reserves the right to reject work deemed unsuitable for publication or that does not meet above criteria.
- Due to SEC restrictions we are unable to accept entries from Syria, Iran, or North Korea.
- For more information visit our Preparing Your Entry Page or our FAQ page.
Sign up for Our Free Art Competitions email and receive updates on competition information including deadlines and winners. You’ll also receive our Free Artists Network newsletter.
Online Contest Software provided by WizeHive