DEADLINE: October 3, 2016
Showcase your talent by entering this exciting competition, brought to you by The Artist’s Magazine magazine. This contest is for artists age 60+ working in all traditional art media. Award Winners will be published in the March 2017 issue of The Artist’s Magazine.
You can edit or manage your entry HERE
10 Winners will receive:
- $250 in cash
- Their artwork published in the March 2016 issue of The Artist’s Magazine.
- Their artwork featured on The Artist’s Magazine website.
- You may enter online or via regular mail using a printable entry form. All entries must be submitted as digital files. There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit. All entries entered offline (mailed in) must list the title; the medium or media; and the dimensions of the piece. They must also fill out a entry form. Online entry forms collect this information automatically. Entries received with missing information will be disqualified. No refunds will be issued for disqualified entries.
- Image requirements for entries: JPG files (Please try to keep the file size under 5 MB to ensure proper uploading). If entering online, the viewing screen & thumbnail which you will see during the entry process is for general reference only and does not reflect the image quality that will be viewed by jurors. The file that you attach is exactly as it will appear to the jurors.
- All entrants should be prepared to be able to send a hi-resolution print-quality replacement file should their entry be among those selected as a winner. For publication in Watercolor Artist, these files should be 300 dpi when saved at approximately 8×10 inches (2400×3600 pixels), ideally, and 5×7 inches (1500×2100 pixels) at minimum.
- The competition is open to artists anywhere in the world. Artist’s birth date must be on or before December 31, 1956. The contest is open to all artists working in two dimensions in all traditional art media (ex. oil, watercolor, acrylic, pastel, mixed media, gouache, egg tempera, pen and ink; drawing media such as graphite, charcoal, colored pencils, scratch board, markers, metal point; and two-dimensional collage and fabric art as well). Please, no digital art, photography, or three-dimensional art such as installation art or sculpture.All works must be original. “Original” means that the work must be from the hand of a single artist; pieces that originate from a workshop or a class under the direction of a teacher are not eligible. For works based on reference photographs, eligibility demands that the artist must have taken the photographs or have obtained written permission from the photographer. Compositions based on published material or other artists’ work are NOT considered original and are not eligible. No entrant can win more than one prize. Employees of F+W, a Content and eCommerce Company, and their immediate families, are not eligible. The Artist’s Magazine reserves the right to reject work deemed unsuitable for publication or that does not meet above criteria. Work previously published at the time of submission to this contest in a national publication or receiving an award at a national-level exhibition is not eligible.
- Due to SEC restrictions we are unable to accept entries from Syria, Iran, Sudan or North Korea.
Sign up for Our Free Art Competitions email and receive updates on competition information including deadlines and winners. You’ll also receive our Free Artists Network newsletter.
Online Contest Software provided by WizeHive