CLOSED-Strokes 10 will open in December
Winning art will be featured in North Light Books’ hardbound showcase of the best in contemporary drawing. From quick contour sketches to carefully rendered drawings with a full range of values, North Light Books will showcase the best of the best in a variety of styles and subjects.
You can edit or manage your entry
All winners will appear in the ninth edition of Strokes of Genius .
The theme for Strokes of Genius 9 is Creative Discoveries and may be broadly interpreted. North Light Books is looking for the best in a variety of styles. Artwork can be in any dry medium that would be traditionally considered drawing. This includes—but is not limited to—pencil, charcoal, Conté crayon, pen and ink, scratchboard, silverpoint, colored pencil, pastel and even some wet paint mediums if used in a linear or sketchy manner.
- You must enter online. All entries must be submitted as digital files. There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit.
- Image requirements for entries: JPG files (Please try to keep the file size under 5 MB to ensure proper uploading). The viewing screen & thumbnail which you will see during the entry process is for general reference only and does not reflect the image quality that will be viewed by jurors. The file that you attach is exactly as it will appear to the jurors.
- All entrants should be prepared to be able to send a hi-resolution print-quality replacement file should their entry be among those selected as a winner. For publication these files should be 300 dpi when saved at approximately 8×10 inches (2400×3600 pixels), ideally, and 5×7 inches (1500×2100 pixels) at minimum. Winners will be asked to provide specific written information about their selected piece(s). This written information, in order to be accepted, will have to be provided electronically via e-mail. Winners will also be required to submit a high-resolution TIFF or JPG file (CMYK format/300dpi) for the work(s) to be published.
- The competition is open to artists anywhere in the world. All works must be original. Compositions based on published material or other artists’ work are NOT considered original and are not eligible. Employees of F+W, a Content and eCommerce Company, and their immediate families, are not eligible. North Light reserves the right to reject work deemed unsuitable for publication or that does not meet above criteria.
- Due to SEC restrictions we are unable to accept entries from Syria, Iran, or North Korea.
- For more information visit our Preparing Your Entry Page or our FAQ page.
Sign up for Our Free Art Competitions email and receive updates on competition information including deadlines and winners. You’ll also receive our Free Artists Network newsletter.
Online Contest Software provided by WizeHive