Deadline: April 2, 2018
The Artists Magazine’s Annual Art Competition wants to honor your most outstanding work. If your art is deserving of being celebrated in the pages of Artists Magazine, this competition is for you! $24,000 in cash prizes plus publication in Artists Magazine.
You can edit or manage your entry HERE
CASH & PRIZES
- 5 First Place Awards: $2,500 each
- 5 Second Place Awards: $1,250 each
- 5 Third Place Awards: $750 each
- 15 Honorable Mentions: $100 each
- Winners’ names and work will be featured in a future issue of Artists Magazine.
- 5 First Place Awards: free subscription to ATV for 1 year ($199 value)+ two free ANU courses
- 5 Second Place Awards: free subscription to ATV for 1 year ($199 value) + one free ANU course
- 5 Third Place Awards: free subscription to ATV for 1 year ($199 value)
- Award winners’ names and work will be featured in the December 2018 issue.
- Portrait/Figure-Portrait and figure entries can be individuals or groups, and will be judged on expressiveness and draftsmanship.
Juror: Beverly McNeil, Executive Partner, Portraits, Inc.
- Still Life/Interior-Entries will be judged on overall design, unique arrangement of subject matter, handling of medium, lighting and mood.
Juror: George Henoch Shechtmann, Owner and Director, Gallery Henoch
- Landscape-Any landscape, from city scenes to imaginary horizons, will be judged on the creative use of form, space, lighting and mood.
Juror: Jinger Richardson, Owner, The Legacy Gallery
- Abstract/Experimental-With unlimited subject matter, entries will be judged on creative use of design, texture, media, lighting or special techniques.
Juror: Ellen Taylor, President, Art Students League
- Animal/Wildlife-Any animal in any setting is fair game for this category. Entries will be judged on the innovative handling of the subject, the expression and rendering.
Juror: Adam Duncan Harris, PhD, Peterson Curator of Art and Research, National Museum of Wildlife Art
- You must enter online. All entries must be submitted as digital files. There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit.
- Image requirements for entries: JPG files (Please try to keep the file size under 5 MB to ensure proper uploading). The viewing screen & thumbnail which you will see during the entry process is for general reference only and does not reflect the image quality that will be viewed by jurors. The file that you attach is exactly as it will appear to the jurors.
- All entrants should be prepared to be able to send a hi-resolution print-quality replacement file should their entry be among those selected as a winner. For publication in Artists Magazine, these files should be 300 dpi when saved at approximately 8×10 inches (2400×3600 pixels), ideally, and 5×7 inches (1500×2100 pixels) at minimum.
- Student/beginner entrants must be at least 16 yrs. old – there is no maximum age requirement. They may not have been enrolled in a post-high school art program for more than six years and may not have pursued art on their own or in workshops/lessons for more than six years.
- The competition is open to artists anywhere in the world working in traditional media. Only two-dimensional, original artwork, conceived and created by the entrant, will be considered. Two-dimensional means that a mixed media cannot exceed an inch in depth. “Original” means that if a painting is based on photos, the photos were taken by the artist or the artist has written permission from the photographer to use the photos. The Artist’s Magazine reserves the right to request proof of photographer’s written permission. Media includes: Oil, oil pastel, soft pastel, charcoal, graphite, ink, colored pencil, watercolor, casein, gouache, acrylic, digital art, mixed media (all water media or oil based media); silver or other metal point, collage; mixed media collage; handmade paper; wax and other crayons on paper or board; printmaking (etching, mezzotint, lithography, woodcut, monotype, mono print, aquatint).Photography, with the exception of minor elements incorporated in a collage, will not be considered. Sculpture will not be considered. Employees of F+W, a Content and Commerce Company, and their immediate families are not eligible.
- Due to SEC restrictions we are unable to accept entries from Syria, Iran, Sudan or North Korea.
- For more information visit our Preparing Your Entry Page, Judging and Notification, or FAQ pages.
Sign up for Our Free Art Competitions email and receive updates on competition information including deadlines and winners. You’ll also receive our Free Artists Network newsletter.
Online Contest Software provided by WizeHive