With an eye toward the spaces between forms, Angela A’Court creates pastels that are minimalist, modern and mesmerizing. The subjects of her pastel still lifes are immaterial; the objects practically interchangeable. It’s the spaces between forms, and the shapes created by their interaction, that most interests the painter, a British artist now based in New York.
Read more about Angela A’Court in the June 2012 issue of Pastel Journal, and view a web-exclusive gallery of her art below.
One White Rose (pastel) by Angela A'Court
Red Cup White Jug (pastel) by Angela A'Court
Two Blue Candlesticks (pastel) by Angela A'Court
Opening Hyacinths (pastel) by Angela A'Court
Montauk Ladies (pastel) by Angela A'Court
MORE RESOURCES FOR ARTISTS
• Subscribe to Pastel Journal and don’t miss a single issue!
• Save money with a digital subscription to Pastel Journal
• Sign up today to receive pastel news, previews and special offers with our free bi-weekly e-newsletter
• Study art at home with the authors of your favorite instructional art books. NEW online courses are now available from Artist Network University!
• Watch art workshops on demand at ArtistsNetwork.TV
You may also like these articles: