Like many painters, Christine Ivers and Gigi Horr Liverant are enthralled by sunlight and the way it plays out in a pastel landscape, but they’re equally excited by the unique qualities of the world at night. Ivers and Liverant’s work, featured in the December 2012 issue of Pastel Journal, is characterized by sparkling tonal contrasts, rich hues and abundant texture to best depict the contrasts of the light of day and the dark of night.
Claudia’s Garden (pastel, 9×12) by Christine Ivers
Budapest Rain (pastel, 16×23) by Christine Ivers
- Chops (pastel, 22×17) by Christine Ivers
’56 Buick Study (pastel, 10×20) by Gigi Horr Liverant
Porch Light (pastel, 28×34) by Gigi Horr Liverant
Film Festival Study (pastel, 12×17) by Gigi Horr Liverant
Read more about Christine Ivers and Gigi Horr Liverant’s work in the December 2012 issue of Pastel Journal.
MORE RESOURCES FOR PASTEL ARTISTS
• Subscribe to Pastel Journal magazine
• Watch pastel art workshops on demand at ArtistsNetwork.TV
• Get unlimited access to over 100 art instruction ebooks
• Online seminars for fine artists
• Find pastel painting downloads, books, videos & more
• Sign up for your Pastel Journal e-mail & download a FREE issue of Pastel Journal magazine