A versatile painter, equally as adept in landscape as he is with village scenes and pastel portraits, Ned Mueller gets people, whether it’s a turbaned man from Rajasthan, India, or a local model at a weekly figure and portrait drawing session. For Mueller, it’s not about a pretty face, but character. He’s generous with color, confident in gesture and smart with detail. Learn more about Mueller in Aaron Schuerr’s profile of the artist, featured in the December issue of Pastel Journal, and enjoy this portrait gallery below.
Find everything you need to know about pastel: how-to instruction, inspiration and creative painting ideas. Start your subscription to Pastel Journal today!
Art League Study (pastel) by Ned Mueller
Guatemala Market (pastel) by Ned Mueller
Head Study (Conté) by Ned Mueller
Phil (pastel) by Ned Mueller
The Dancer (Conté) by Ned Mueller
View more of Ned Mueller’s lively portraits in the December issue of Pastel Journal.
MORE RESOURCES FOR PASTEL ARTISTS
• Subscribe to Pastel Journal magazine
• Watch pastel art workshops on demand at ArtistsNetwork.TV
• Get unlimited access to over 100 art instruction ebooks
• Online seminars for fine artists
• Find pastel painting downloads, books, videos & more
• Sign up for your Artists Network email newsletter & receive a FREE download
You may also like these articles: