For many artists, a significant aspect of enjoying the scenery of an inspiring locale
is capturing the experience in pastel. In the August 2012 issue of Pastel Journal , you’ll go “on the road,” traveling abroad with pastel artists Ray Hassard, William Hosner, Sergei Oussik and Jill Stefani Wagner to explore the art of travel.
For these four artists, traveling and painting are inextricably tied. Find their painting tips and insights for painting on location in the August 2012 issue of Pastel Journal. And take a look below at the creative outpouring of landscape paintings inspired by their travels to beautiful places all around the world.
Chateau-a-Soir (16×20), a pastel landscape by William Hosner
In Ombra (a pastel landscape by Jill Stefani Wagner)
Vicolodel Pino (a pastel landscape by Jill Stefani Wagner)
Cuenca Doorway (a pastel landscape by Ray Hassard)
Bridge of Angels (a pastel landscape by Sergei Oussik)
Sunset La Rochelle (a pastel landscape by Sergei Oussik)
Plaza Santa Anna Madrid (10×16), a pastel landscape by William Hosner
MORE RESOURCES FOR ARTISTS
• Subscribe to Pastel Journal and don’t miss a single issue!
• Save money with a digital subscription to Pastel Journal
• Sign up today to receive pastel news, previews and special offers with our free bi-weekly e-newsletter
• Study art at home with the authors of your favorite instructional art books. NEW online courses are now available from Artist Network University!
• Watch art workshops on demand at ArtistsNetwork.TV
You may also like these articles: