Tips for Painting Composition | The Art of Intervals
Nocturne, Asilomar (pastel, 14×24) by Margot Schulzke
For your painting to rise to the next level, it is important to give consideration to some of the finer points of design and composition. In this PDF download, read artist Margot Schulzke’s tips for mastering the use of intervals in your paintings, to promote variety, unity and visual excitement.
For more tips on painting composition, see her article, “Making a Scene” in the October 2013 issue of Pastel Journal.
Click here to download the article.
MORE RESOURCES FOR ARTISTS
• Want to paint portraits? Check out three new instructional videos from artist Alain Picard!
• Subscribe to Pastel Journal magazine
• Watch pastel art workshops on demand at ArtistsNetwork.TV
• Get unlimited access to over 100 art instruction ebooks.
• Online seminars for fine artists
You may also like these articles: