Best-selling North Light Books author and artist, Claudia Nice–well-known for her realistic paintings and friendly instruction–brings her amazingly realistic painting techniques back to North Light with her new book on Drawing & Painting Trees in the Landscape.
As a beginning artist who had never used pen & ink before, I took a class from Claudia several years back and was amazed at how after only one hour I was able to create a painting that looked great, just like hers! And Drawing & Painting Trees in the Landscape promises to do the same, sharing Claudia’s best tips and techniques for painting trees of all kinds in their natural settings—from the majesty of mountain evergreens to the delicate pink blossoms of cherry trees in spring. You’ll learn:
- Drawing and sketching techniques for mapping out successful compositions
- Over 40 basic tree shapes you can reference and copy
- Proven color mixes for painting an array of vibrant hues using watercolor, oil, acrylics or mixed media
- Step-by-step instructions on drawing and painting important realistic details, such as bark, branches, mossy trunks, and more
- Basic painting techniques for working smart in any medium–simple watercolor washes for distant foliage, adding details with pen & ink, “knife painting” in oils for interesting dimensional effects
Claudia is your go-to teacher for painting realistic landscapes, demonstrating both up-close realistic detail and distant tree characteristics with emphasis on composition, color mixing, application and texture. Enjoy!
Watch a preview from Claudia’s Painting Trees in Watercolor, Pen & Ink art workshop video from ArtistsNetwork.tv now! In this preview, Claudia shares her pen blending technique–learn how to use pen & ink with water to add bark, knotholes and textured effects to your watercolor trees.
MORE RESOURCES FOR ARTISTS