- Currently Open for Submissions! The Annual Art Competition from The Artist’s Magazine is now accepting entries. Details Here! Deadline is April 1, 2014. Other Upcoming Art Contests can be found on our Art Competitions page.
Featured Art Books
- Get Started in Pastel with Deb Secor: Paint the Landscape There’s a reason landscape painters love working in pastel-several reasons, in fact, including, but not limited to, the easy way they blend and move, their vibrant colors, their portability for plein air work, the quickness of painting and cleanup, and more. But they can be daunting if you’ve never used them before. But don’t worry, ...
- Lisa L. Cyr: Embrace Inspiration, by Neely McLaughlin Lisa L. Cyr’s mixed-media fantasy-inspired work invites the viewer to participate in her imaginative vision. That vision inspires both Cyr’s paintings and her desire to encourage others in creative pursuits. “Create from the heart, innovate without boundaries, strive for greatness and speak to the culture in ways that inspire and motivate,” she says, explaining, “I ...
- Painting Facial Features with Sharon Sprung In these two portrait painting workshops, you’ll learn how to paint a variety of skin tones, as well as how to simplify and paint facial features. You’ll learn how to paint eyes, noses and mouths to create realistic, lifelike faces.
Understanding Values in Skin Tones
In this art workshop, Sprung demonstrates her favorite portrait painting techniques for ...
- Special Artist’s Network Coupon
This month’s feature is the Acrylic All-Stars Deluxe Palette that features instructional books as well as supplies. Save over 40% when you purchase this kit, which is only available at North Light Shop.
The kit includes five books:
- Acrylic Illuminations
- Acrylic Innovation
- Acrylic Techniques in Mixed Media
- Rethinking Acrylic
- Surface Treatment Workshop
And the following supplies:
- Golden Acrylic Mediums
- 3 Princeton Catalyst Silicone Wedges
- Speedball Composition Gold Leaf Kit