In the June 2011 issue of The Artist’s Magazine, Jonathan and Marsha Talbot share excellent tips for showing your works to their best advantage in an exhibition space.
In this article, the Talbots share directions for creating guestbook pages to place in a binder and put out at your exhibition. Visitors can sign in and share their mailing and e-mail addresses for future contact.
Instructions For Guestbook Mailing List Pages
3. Type your name (last or full) in caps followed by a space.
4. Print copies of this mailing list page as needed.
5. Punch holes in the left-hand margins and insert the pages in a clean, white three-ring binder. Use a “view binder” if possible. (A view binder is a binder with a clear plastic cover on the top page of the binder that you can slide a sheet of paper into as a cover sheet.)
6. Make a cover sheet for the outside of the binder and insert.
7. Display the binder open at the exhibition with pens for visitors to use.
Click here to download the Talbots’ Picture Hanging Worksheet. It provides a foolproof way to determine the height to hang pictures for a show or in your home.
Free artistsnetwork.tv preview
Click here to watch a free video preview of “Color Mixing with Sue Deighton–Part 1”
MORE RESOURCES FOR ARTISTS