WEB SEMINAR: Create Drama with Weather Effects!
You do not have to attend the sessions live. Everything gets recorded and can be downloaded at no extra cost.
Painting Lessons to Create Drama in Your Landscape Paintings with Weather Effects
Do you want to create landscape paintings that are unique and attention-grabbing?
Go beyond ordinary scenes to create extraordinary landscape art with this live online workshop from master artist Johannes Vloothuis! In this workshop, you will learn to convert mundane photos into exciting paintings by adding dramatic weather effects such as falling rain, snow, and fog. Learn painting techniques to enhance your art know as you join hundreds of friendly artists during 12 hours of painting fun distributed over three Saturdays. Johannes will start his paintings from scratch, and finish them in real time while you watch over his shoulder. You’ll learn detailed painting tips as you hear him think out loud. And if you want, you can do the same painting along with him from the comfort of your home!
What Is Included in this Online Painting Workshop?
In addition to photo references, you will receive drawing templates before each class, which you can trace onto your painting surface. And, during each session, you will receive verbal techniques, color combinations, professional secrets, and painting instructions to guide you along the way. One painting demo will be in oils, another in watercolor, and another in pastels. Register now to create beautiful landscape paintings with weather special effects.
Painting demonstrations will include the following landscape subjects:
- An impressionist cityscape with wet streets and pouring rain
- A see-through shallow pond overlooking a hill with beautiful foliage
- Fog in the distance in a deep forest
You do not have to attend the live courses. Everything gets recorded and can be downloaded at no extra cost.
Some Reviews from others courses from Johannes Vloothuis:
- “I’m new to the online class process and was interested in whether or not any instructor would be able to give personal assistance. Wow! I was happily surprised to find that not only did I get a great class that was loaded with info, but also I asked questions and received answers directed to me. I love these classes. Review by Mary
- “Excellent class for the Landscape artist.” Review by Mike
- “There is always something new to learn.” Review by Darlene
- “I see my work improving.” Review by Mary
- “Excellent. Jo always manages to come up with new information for us.” Review by Frances
About Johannes Vloothuis:
Johannes Vloothuis has exhibited his work all over the world including Saint Petersburg, Sao Paolo and The National Watercolor Museum in Mexico City. He has won several awards such as the top award in the country of Mexico for watercolor and teaches oils, watercolor and pastel. Johannes has taught over 17,000 artists of all skill levels, including professionals via his online courses. The prestigious, Pastel Society of America listed him under, “Master Artists.”
Missed the previous online seminars? Click here to purchase the WetCanvas Live! recordings from NorthLightShop.com
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What Can I Expect? Johannes gives you a sneak peek into what it’s like to take part in a live online art workshop…
What is an online seminar?
- It is a live, online class that you view on your computer at a specific day and time. Think of it as a workshop right in your living room.
- Our events are scheduled on Eastern Standard Time (EST), so if you are in a different time zone, you will need to take scheduling into account — for example 1 PM EST = 12 PM CST, and so on…
- The sessions will be broadcast via Twitch which is a high-quality live stream platform owned by the Amazon company. The online class will stream as high definition. For this reason you will need a fluent internet connection.
- The classes are live and we utilize live text chatting, where you can ask your instructor questions as well as chat with fellow artists. Type the full statement in capital letters if it is a question or comment to Johannes so it stands out. To activate this option you will need to create a free Twitch account (only new users). Make sure not to include blank spaces while typing in the username and password. The video screen has the option of full screen. The clickable option is at the bottom right of the video screen. There is also a theater mode option that places the chat box next to the video.
- In case you do not attend the live sessions, the streaming recordings will be posted right after the class is over. A few days later you will be able to download the recordings and store them locally. Check the student page regularly for updates–the link is on your NorthlightShop.com receipt. All workshop-related materials and links will appear there.
What are the technical requirements for participating in an online seminar?
- You need a computer and a reliable broadband connection, as well as a Web browser (Mozilla Firefox is recommended for best viewing experience).
- You will also want to be connected to the Internet via an Ethernet Cable (available at any computer store) if possible versus wireless connectivity which can cause buffering issues. In case you have not acquired the cable, try to narrow the space from your device to the modem, preferably watch your video in the same room where the modem is located.
- A 5mbps download speed on your computer is recommended. Run a speed test here: http://speedtest.net. If you get 5mbps download you are good to go.
- You can also watch the class on a large HDTV by connecting an HDMI cable. If it is a smart TV, you can watch it directly.
What can I do during an online seminar?
- Hear the presenter deliver the workshop (via Internet connection)
- See visuals from the presenter’s computer (e.g., PowerPoint, web browser, or any document they wish to share)
- Ask the presenter questions in real time. Type the full statement in capital letters if it is a question or comment to Johannes so it stands out. To activate this option you will need to create a free Twitch account (only new users). Make sure not to include blank spaces while typing in the username and password.
What if I have any technical problems getting into the seminar?
- We have technical support on hand to help you. Contact NorthLightShop.com live chat during regular office hours. Nearly 100% of our attendees don’t have any trouble after we assist them. You can sign on at least 10 minutes before the session is scheduled to begin, giving you time to ask questions if you have any trouble.
- Our seminar system will work with both Macs and PCs.
What happens if I miss something during the seminar?
- In case you do not attend the live sessions, the streaming recordings will be posted right after the class is over. A few days later you will be able to download the recordings and store them locally. Check the student page regularly for updates. The link is on your NorthlightShop.com receipt. All workshop related materials and links will appear there.
- We also record our seminars and offer them for sale at NorthLightShop.com following the close of the course.