At the same time that we are celebrating the results of the 16th Annual Pastel 100 Competition in the special “showcase” edition of Pastel Journal (April 2015), we are also pleased to announce the details and Call for Entries for the next 17th Annual Pastel 100 Competition. We are so thrilled to present such exceptional works of pastel each year, and we look forward to another robust competition.
Participating as jurors for this next competition are Terri Ford, an IAPS Eminent Pastelist, for the Landscape & Interior category; award-winning figurative artist Mario Robinson for Portrait and Figure; PSA master pastelist Robert K. Carsten for Still Life and Floral; IAPS Master Circle artist Mike Beeman for Animal and Wildlife; and IAPS Master Circle artist Barbara Benedetti Newton for Abstract + Non-Objective.
Awards and Prizes
Thanks to the generous manufacturers and pastel supporters who have sponsored wonderful material prizes:
The Grand Prizes
- First Prize, Pastel Journal Founder’s Award in memory of Maggie Price: $5,000 CASH
- Second Prize, Pastel Journal Award of Excellence: $2,500 CASH
- Third Prize, Ruth Richeson Pastel GOLD Award: Pastels and Pastel surfaces from Jack Richeson and Company, valued over $2,000
- Fourth Prize, Richeson Pastel SILVER Award: Pastels and Pastel surfaces from Jack Richeson and Company, valued over $1,500
- Fifth Prize, Richeson Pastel BRONZE Award: Pastels and Pastel surfaces from Jack Richeson and Company, valued over $1,000
The 25 Category Prizes
- 5 First Place Category Awards—$500 worth of Terry Ludwig Pastels
- 5 Second Place Category Awards—$350 worth of Great American pastels
- 5 Third Place Category Awards—$150 worth of Canson paper/Rembrandt pastels
- 5 Fourth Place Category Awards—$100 worth of PanPastels
- 5 Fifth Place Category Awards—$75 worth of UART pastel paper
All top prize winners and place winners will receive features in Pastel Journal (April 2016 issue).
The 70 HONORABLE MENTION winners will have their winning pastel painting reproduced in the April 2016 issue of Pastel Journal.
Early-Bird Deadline (which includes a special price): August 3, 2015
Regular Deadline: September 1, 2015
For more information (full prospectus, juror biographies and more), visit the Pastel 100 web page at: https://www.artistsnetwork.com/competitions/pastel-100-competition