The final entry deadline for the 17th Annual Pastel 100 Competition is this coming Tuesday, September 1. That gives you the weekend plus 2 days to select your latest, greatest work in pastel (or to finish and photograph the masterpiece on your easel) and enter it into the competition by end of day Tuesday at the Pastel 100 website.
Why enter? There isn’t just one reason, of course. There are many! Here is a list of five:
- The chance to earn recognition for your artistic efforts. It’s a wonderful thing to have painted a successful work of art, but how much better it is if that successful piece gets recognized as one of the top 100 pastels by Pastel Journal—and then appears in the special Pastel 100 issue for the wider pastel community to see!
- OK, maybe the only thing better than #1 is to receive the recognition PLUS a cash award or material prize! In the 17th Annual Pastel 100, the recipient of our Pastel Journal Founder’s Award, given in honor of Maggie Price, receives a cash award of $5,000. The winner of the Pastel Journal Award of Excellence receives $3,500. And the recipients of the Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards receive material packages (generously sponsored by Jack Richeson & Co.) and are made up of Richeson/Unison pastels and surfaces valued at $2,000, $1,500 and $1,000 respectively. The 1st through 5th place winners in each of the five categories receive material prizes valued at $500, $350, $150, $100 and $75 respectively. Those category prizes are provided by our other wonderful sponsors: Canson/Rembrandt, Great American ArtWorks, Terry Ludwig, PanPastels, and UART.
- Even if your work is not one of the 30 that earns a prize award, all 70 Honorable Mention winners are works that caught the eye of the Pastel Journal editorial team and our panel of Pastel 100 jurors: Terri Ford, Mario Robinson, Robert K. Carsten, Mike Beeman and Barbara Benedetti Newton. And all 70 paintings will be published in the Pastel Journal magazine’s special March/April Pastel 100 issue.
- Anyone who enters the Pastel 100 today through September 1, 2015, will receive a special coupon code in their email entry confirmation for an extra 15% off your purchases (with a few limited merchandise exceptions) at NorthLightShop.com.
- Anyone who enters today through September 1, 2015, will receive a discount on membership to ArtistNetworkTV, which provides access to video pastel tutorials by a number of great painters, including Richard McKinley, Liz Haywood-Sullivan, Alain Picard and many more. You’ll get your coupon code in your entry confirmation email.
Now that you have five great reasons to enter, don’t delay any longer. Visit the Pastel 100 Competition page to enter today! Maybe your latest achievement in pastel will end up here …