The Ultimate Guide to Colored Pencil
by Gary Greene
Known for his incredibly realistic paintings and his detailed step-by-step instruction, best-selling author Gary Greene has created this awesome reference for all things colored pencil—both on a basic and more advanced level—giving you quick access to his tips, tricks and techniques for creating exceptionally realistic colored pencil artwork.
Inside you’ll find what you need to get started with this medium, or to advance and perfect your style:
• Simple techniques including layering, burnishing and underpainting
• Proven methods for working successfully with water-soluble colored pencils
• A full range of inspiring subject matter, from flowers and animals to landscapes and still-life compositions
• Tips for solving common problems, fixing mistakes and taking sharp, clear reference photos
• Expert guidance in choosing the right materials and colors, including complete color charts from all the major manufacturers
At over 300 pages long, The Ultimate Guide to Colored Pencil covers all your favorite subjects! And with Gary’s 35 step-by-step demonstrations, you’ll have fun and success with your colored pencils on every page!
Learn more about The Ultimate Guide to Colored Pencil.
For those of you who like to see art in action, you’ll enjoy watching layers build and colors mix on Gary’s ArtistsNetwork.tv DVDs.
Learn more about Painting Flowers in Colored Pencil with Gary Greene here.
MORE RESOURCES FOR ARTISTS