Here are some handy tips to make using masking fluid easy and economical:
1. Prepare a very small container for transferring the appropriate quantity of masking fluid you’ll need for your work. (In the photos at right, I used a chocolate container found in a box of candies.)
2. Use a tiny spoon (see photo) to transfer the masking fluid from its original receptacle into the smaller container.
3. Don’t leave the masking fluid bottle open for too long. Wipe the cap and brim of the container with a tissue immediately after use.
Here’s an extra tip: It’s possible to draw very precise, fine lines with the masking fluid when using a slender knife. (See photo.)
MORE RESOURCES FOR ARTISTS
- Online Seminars for Fine Artists
- Instantly download fine art magazines, books & video workshops
- Sign up for your Artist’s Network email newsletter & receive free fine art tips & demos