(Just like last year, I marked the artists on a map to remember which time zones they were in.)
Our third call for artists over 60 got an incredible response: We received more than 2,000 entries — double what we had last year! And judging them was really tough: We could select only 10 winners.
But the winners are absolutely stellar. You can all see the winning art in the March 2010 issue of The Artist’s Magazine, which is already going out to subscribers and will be on the newsstand Feb. 2. (That’s The Age of Mallory by Sharon Knettell on the cover!)
The 2010 Artists over 60 are:
- George Bowles, Arlington, VA
- Paul Chapman, Hudson Falls, NY
- Jeff Hankins, Kernersville, NC
- Elaine Hahn, Holiday, FL
- Robin Kimball, Boston, MA
- Sharon Knettell, Woonsocket, RI
- Diana Lee, Santa Rosa, CA
- Geoffrey McCormack, Eugene, OR
- Brian Scanlon, Mt. Pleasant, SC
- James E. Trippler, Clifton, NJ
I can’t wait for everyone to read the article and see the beautiful art.