- Sharpie‘s Project Backpack contest challenges you to decorate a backpack you buy at Office Depot with the two free Sharpie markers that come with it. (Or you can download a printable template to decorate.) The winner gets $5,000 and his or her design will be sold in stores next year. First- and second-place winners get cash prizes, too. The contest is open to US residents 5 and older. Deadline: Sept. 19
- Strathmore‘s illustration contest asks “how do you see green?” Just create a piece of work that expresses the environmental theme using dry mediums on Strathmore paper, and your work could be one of four to be featured on the covers of recycled drawing paper pads. The contest is open to artists older than 18. Deadline: Nov. 30
- Cray-Pas is seeking student artwork made with oil pastel. The 15th annual Wonderful, Colorful World Contest is open to US and Canadian students in grades K through 8. The winners get savings bonds and T-shirts. Deadline: Dec. 11
Our own competitions have some deadlines coming up, too:
- The Pastel Journal Pastel 100: the deadline is today!
- The Artist’s Magazine Over 60 Contest: Oct. 1
- The Artist’s Magazine All-Media Online Competition: Nov. 2
- Splash 12: Dec. 15