The answer to each of the following questions is a word beginning with the letter A. You get one point for answering each of the 12 questions correctly. The Bonus question is worth three points, so a perfect score is 15. Good luck!
1. Jackson Pollock was the most celebrated of the ___ Expressionists.
2. An ___ is a substance that wears away or smooths a surface.
3. Transparent watercolor is known as ___ to the French.
4. The ___ School was a group that included Robert Henri and George Luks.
5. ___ is three-dimensional art often composed of found material.
6. A famous art show that took place in New York in 1913 was the ___ Show.
7. Synthetic paints are better known as ___.
8. ___ is a stone used by sculptors.
9. Art that is ahead of its time is known as ___-___.
10. A famous Picasso painting is called Les Demoiselles d’___.
11. ___ Neel was a celebrated female portraitist.
12. The French call a workshop or studio an ___.
BONUS: Picasso pal Guillaume ___ was perhaps the first modern art critic. (No points unless you can spell it correctly!)
Click here to see the answers.
Please let us know if you have any suggestions for our puzzle master Larry Humber. E-mail us with "Puzzle" in the subject line.