1. Papier-mache means "chewed paper" and refers to a construction made of paper and wet paste.
2. Conte is a drawing crayon named for Nicolas-Jacques Conte.
3. Bas-relief is a low relief.
4. Cerise is French for cherry.
5. Aquarelle is watercolor.
6. Section d’or is the golden ratio.
7. Objets trouves are found objects.
8. A croquis is a quick sketch.
9. An oeuvre is a life’s work.
10. A cloison is a partition or wall.
11. Metier is an artist’s specialty.
12. Trompe l’oeil means "fools the eye."
BONUS: Retirage is the pulling of a second print without re-inking the plate.