A painting workshop—whether it’s at an exotic foreign location or a little closer to home—can be such a rewarding experience. But you want to make sure you’re signing on with an instructor who’s right for you. Here are a few screening questions to ask the workshop coordinator (who may or may not also be the instructor):
- What kind of experience/education does the instructor have?
- Where can I see reproductions (or originals) of his or her work?
- What’s the instructor’s teaching style like?
- What does he or she intend to teach?
- Can I get a reference from another artist?