Format: Online Workshop
Dates: 3 Saturdays: June 30, July 7, & July 14, 2018
Time: 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET (The class may extend more than 3 hours)
You do not have to attend the sessions live. Everything gets recorded.
Where: Online from the comfort of your home.
Please Note: You will have instant access after purchase. This product will be accessible from My Workshops located in My Content after purchase.
Fog is quite undervalued in landscape paintings, yet when handled well, it makes very interesting scenes. A common issue artists face is creating convincing recession in two-dimensional paintings. The application of fog definitely solves this problem by creating ethereal effects. You will learn how to:
- Manipulate an ordinary photo to convert it to a foggy scene
- Simplify a complete landscape using fog
- Rescue an unsatisfactory painting
- And much more!
You will receive drawing templates before each class, which you can trace onto your painting surface. During each session, you will receive verbal techniques, color combinations, professional secrets, and instructions to guide you along the way. One painting demo will be in oils, another in watercolor, and another in pastels. Acrylic artists will benefit as well. You can even submit your painting for a critique. Join Johannes Vloothuis and hundreds of like-minded artists for this fun filled workshop. Register now and get ready to create beautiful landscape paintings!
Painting demonstrations over the course of this three-day workshop will include the following subjects:
- A gondola in Venice emerging from the fog
- A great foggy scene at Lake Oesa across a quiet lake
- Looking into the depths of a dense misty forest
You do not have to attend the live sessions. Everything gets recorded and can be downloaded at no extra cost!
See what students are saying about other courses from Johannes Vloothuis:
- "I'm new to the online class process and was interested in whether or not any instructor would be able to give personal assistance. Wow! I was happily surprised to find that not only did I get a great class that was loaded with info, but also I asked questions and received answers directed to me. I love these classes. Review by Mary
- "Excellent class for the Landscape artist." Review by Mike
- "There is always something new to learn." Review by Darlene
- "Excellent. Jo always manages to come up with new information for us." Review by Frances
About Johannes Vloothuis:
For over 7 years, Johannes has given live online art classes for Artists Network, which is from the parent company that publishes North Light books as well as art magazines sold in bookstores. He has received several awards. The prestigious Pastel Society of America listed him under “Masterful Artists.” He has taught over 18,000 artists, some of them being professionals.
"I'm going to teach you exactly how I learned. Copying photos simply does not work," --Johannes
Lose the frustration and join Johannes and hundreds of fellow artists by registering today!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Please Note: We've heard you and have created an easier-than-ever way to access your Johannes Live Online Workshops:
You will have instant access after purchase. This product will be accessible from My Workshops located in My Content after purchase.
What is a Paint Along?
- It is a live, online class that you view on your computer at a specific day and time. Think of it as a workshop right in your living room.
- Our events are scheduled on Eastern Standard Time (EST), so if you are in a different time zone, you will need to take scheduling into account -- for example 1 PM EST = 12 PM CST, and so on...
- The sessions will be broadcast via Twitch which is a high-quality live stream platform owned by the Amazon company. The online class will stream as high definition. For this reason you will need a fluent internet connection.
- The classes are live and we utilize live text chatting, where you can ask your instructor questions as well as chat with fellow artists. Type the full statement in capital letters if it is a question or comment to Johannes so it stands out. To activate this option you will need to create a free Twitch account (only new users). Make sure not to include blank spaces while typing in the username and password. The video screen has the option of full screen. The clickable option is at the bottom right of the video screen. There is also a theater mode option that places the chat box next to the video.
- In case you do not attend the live sessions, the streaming recordings will be posted right after the class is over. A few days later you will be able to download the recordings and store them locally. Check the student page regularly for updates--instructions for access will be sent with your workshop purchase. All workshop-related materials and links will appear there.
What are the technical requirements for participating in an online Paint Along workshop?
- You need a computer and a reliable broadband connection, as well as a Web browser (Mozilla Firefox is recommended for best viewing experience).
- You will also want to be connected to the Internet via an Ethernet Cable (available at any computer store) if possible versus wireless connectivity which can cause buffering issues. In case you have not acquired the cable, try to narrow the space from your device to the modem, preferably watch your video in the same room where the modem is located.
- A 5mbps download speed on your computer is recommended. Run a speed test here: http://speedtest.net. If you get 5mbps download you are good to go.
- You can also watch the class on a large HDTV by connecting an HDMI cable. If it is a smart TV, you can watch it directly.
What can I do during a Paint Along?
- Hear the presenter deliver the workshop (via Internet connection)
- See visuals from the presenter’s computer (e.g., PowerPoint, web browser, or any document they wish to share)
- Ask the presenter questions in real time. Type the full statement in capital letters if it is a question or comment to Johannes so it stands out. To activate this option you will need to create a free Twitch account (only new users). Make sure not to include blank spaces while typing in the username and password.
What if I have any technical problems getting into the Paint Along?
- We have technical support on hand to help you. Contact Customer Service email or by phone at 855-842-5267 during regular office hours. Nearly 100% of our attendees don’t have any trouble after we assist them. You can sign on at least 10 minutes before the session is scheduled to begin, giving you time to ask questions if you have any trouble.
- Our Paint Along system will work with both Macs and PCs.
What happens if I miss something during the live Paint Along?
- In case you do not attend the live sessions, the streaming recordings will be posted right after the class is over. A few days later you will be able to download the recordings and store them locally. Check the student page regularly for updates--instructions for access will be sent with your workshop purchase. All workshop related materials and links will appear there.
- We also record our seminars and offer them for sale at ArtistsNetwork.com following the close of the course.
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed. To access and save your download please follow these instructions:
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner on this website
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click “Welcome, (your name)!” in the upper right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on “My Downloadable Products” *If you have purchased an online course, click "My Courses"
- Underneath the Product title will be the download link, click the link to view the PDF or Video
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click “Save”
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org
Live Paint Along, Digital Courses and Streaming Video
If you have purchased a Live Paint Along, on-demand courses or streaming video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner on this website.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click “Welcome, (your name)!” in the upper right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on “My Courses”
- Click the button to the right of the Product Title labeled "Go To Course”
- This will open the course and video platform and place you in the dashboard.
- Under My Courses or My Videos you should see your recent purchase.
- Click the Start Course or Start Video button to the right to access your product.